MY LIFE BEING CHASHMISH
Well, this topic seems quite awkward but I’ve decided
to share some stupid & funny moments of my life being a chashmish girl. You
might have seen a number of people around you with spectacles but I guarantee
you that none of them had such stupid moments with weaker eyesight.
So, let’s go
back in 2014 when I got my very first spectacles. At that time I was studying
at college. It was difficult for me to see far off places & even persons. I
was unable to understand lectures written on the whiteboard. Well, to get new
spectacles was another experience for me. Like other girls, I was excited too.
We visited an eye specialist & he asked me to
read those small fonts written letters from a far off wall. I started with the
bigger ones & it was quite easy for me to read them. My younger sister was
also beside me. When I reached at smaller fonts it was hard for me to read
& whenever I read the wrong word my sister told me it’s not C it’s H & I
burst into laughter over my blindness. So the whole row of small fonts went on
reading after every laughter & I can’t forget that embarrassment which I
felt later on when my sister scolded me for my stupidity. Later on, I got my
spectacles.
I was very happy with them because everyone was
praising me like “Woah, you’re looking cute”, “it suits you”, “and you’re
looking like a doctor” (LOL). At my coaching class, there was a female teacher
whom I just loved so much because she was my favorite. The day I got glasses,
the world was clear like a mirror for me. I asked my seat fellow that “hey,
what has happened to the mam’s skin? Pehle toh Mam itni piyari hoti theen? And
she replied, “Tum he andhii ho ye toh Mam k shuru se he scars hain”. I was
literally shocked by her reply because I was blind for a long time & this
was the time to realize it.
The moment I’m going to share now was the funniest
& I was trolled by my whole family after this. We were at the hospital because
my aunt (khala) was admitted there. We were in the ward when suddenly people
started moving with a huge rush and then at one-bed people were standing nearby a patient. My cousin asked me why
there’s so much gathering. What are they doing there? I told her with full confidence
and surety that they’re gathered around a doctor because she’s checking the
patient. Then my cousin asked again where is the doctor? I said, “Can’t you see that
lady in a white dress with open hair & red shawl (dopatta)?
And the reaction of my cousin was, “ Zarmishhhh tmhari glasses kahan hain? Tum itni
andhi ho?” Then she started laughing as hard as she can. She asked me to wait
for the red dopatty wali doctor to pass by us. I swear that was the blindest moment
of my life as I can say because there was no doctor. Well instead of a doctor
there was a bearded man with white Shalwar Kameez, long-haired & red muffler.
After this I started taking care of my eyes with my
glasses & before presenting any statement I used to say, Don’t you know I
can’t see? But as I’m careless since birth I again stopped using them and
recently I’ve got my new one. The world is clear to me. I can easily recognize
pimples, I can see spider’s web, I can see spiders even & yes yesterday I
saw a shopper hanging on a tree of our neighbors. I can see at the walls of the room
where my sister in law (Bhabi) has written love you to my brother with
beautiful cards.
Don’t try to judge me because you don’t know how it
feels when people call you 4 eyed blind. J



I really enjoyed this article.
ReplyDeleteHaha tysm 🧡
Delete